Sunday, January 7, 2018

Shark Bait's Planner Miracle and The Adventure of "Finding Like Crazy"

My beautiful family and friends!!!! I cherish the moments when I able to write to you! What a wonderful week it has been for Elder Burbank and me! We had some incredible experiences this week!

One experience I would like to share is what I call the Planner Miracle! So, this week President has taken on big task. He wants to be able to go with each missionary companionship in the mission and do what we call "Finding Like Crazy" Finding Like Crazy is when you go out and hand out pass out cards trying to contact as many people as you possible can in about an hour.  Every 15 minutes we offer a pray of thanks and a prayer to help us find more people Our Heavenly Father wants us to find during that time. It was a great faith building experience as we went out with President and handed out 130 plus Pass Along Cards and contacted many different people throughout our area.

The best part of the experience was I was using my planner in order to write down names and numbers and in our haste to contact more I misplaced it. Realizing I did not have my planner in the car (and feeling too that I really needed it since it had all the names) I asked President if we could turn around and go look for it at the bridge we were just finished contacting on. He agreed and did his best Vin Diesel Impression to turn around the truck! We were able to find the Planner next to the bridge face down on the ground. The planner was next to the river next to the bridge and right as we went to go get it a large group of people came out of the river. About 20 different or so people who had been washing their clothes. We would have missed the opportunity to contact them had I not have lost my planner. President and I hailed the experience as a miracle and The Lord's Guiding hand.

I testify that Our Savior Jesus Christ does live. He leads and guides His work here in Vanuatu and throughout the World. That experience once again testified this great truth to me.

My brother is home! Keaton you are amazing! You are a wonderful man and I am so proud of you! Cameron, one of my dearest friends and a brother to me has also been able to come back home from his mission. I will be praying for you two! I also want my beautiful Mom to know I will be praying for her as she goes back to school!

Explanation behind the three photos: I went to a restaurant called The Sister's Takeaway, which had soccer playing on a TV! The next two photos are with Elda Tom and me. He is an Elda I played soccer with in the MTC in New Zealand. We have been friends nearly my entire mission. He has been Visa waiting to go to his mission in PNG. As a Travel Elder it was my job to make sure he flew out to his mission. This is a picture of us with his twin brother who also Visa waited and is going to PNG. They both tell me my Bislama is very good! Another tender mercy from The Lord.

Know that I love each one of you so much!

Much love,


Elda LaMont/ Your Alekken Ty/ Shark Bait/ Island Boy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...