Sunday, December 31, 2017

Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!



My Dear Family and Friends, it is such a treasure and blessing to be able to write to you from the other side of the World!! I hope your Christmas was full of the spirit and that you all had a wonderful time!!!

I had the amazing experience to Skype my Family!!! What was even more amazing was that my brother Elder Keaton LaMont was also on the call. Our time was limited but I could not hold back the tears of joy that streamed across my face. I love my family so much and seeing them on that computer screen was the best Christmas Gift I have ever received. I am so so glad I was able to see my Brother Keaton. He has been an amazing missionary and a wonderful example to me! Go get em' Best Brother! Congratulations on serving a fantastic mission. Thank you for all the efforts that were put into making that call possible.

For Christmas we had a big party at the Mission President's House and were able to do a Gift Exchange, which was tons of fun! We sang hymns together and our Christmas was tons of fun!!

As far as New Years The Travel Elders were given a special assignment. In the bus we transported President and Sister Granger around the Island of Efate to make sure everyone was in their homes at 6:00. We also brought around New Years gifts of candy and cookies. New Years appears to be the holiday everyone loves to celebrate here in Vanuatu. Many parties everywhere you can think of! For this reason, President wanted to make sure everyone was in their homes.

This week Elder Burbank and I have been working very hard in our area. We have meet a lot of new people and have been able to have some great success! We had a lesson with Joma and Ivong two investigators we are helping to get baptized soon! While talking with them we meet another man named Ian. While walking back from our lesson with Joma and Ivong I talked with a  Ian. We were able to share about the Book of Mormon and we testified of it's truths. He immediately wanted us to come back to his home so we could explain everything to his wife. We had a fabulous lesson full of the spirit. If we had not felt inspired to have a lesson with Joma and Ivong (because we had to hike to a pond they were fishing at to have the lesson) we never would have meet Ian. The Lord is involved in His work and I testify He live. The Book of Mormon is The Word of God.

I am sorry this email is a little rushed but I did not have lots of time to email today and there is so much to say! Know that I love you all and pray for you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Love,


Elda LaMont/ Your Alekken Ty/ Island Boy








No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...