Monday, January 15, 2018

Shark Bait's First Exchange and Baptism of Joma and Ivon

MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! Once again it is that special time where I get to write about the many adventures that I am having in Vanuatu. So many things have occurred this week. Hold on to your socks this week was a good one!

The first experience I want to talk about is my first ever exchange with my District Leader! My District Leader is Elder Bybee. He is a wonderful missionary and friend that I have here in the field. The exchange went really well and I learned a lot. One of the best exprinces during the exchange was trying to find a boy named Junior. In order to be able to find Junior we had to make our way to our Ward Mission Leaders House. Driving through the pot hole roads of Vanuatu I tried to remember where The Ward Mission Leader lives and we become a little lost. I am started to get nervous and Elder Bybee told me to pull off the road so we could have a prayer. In the prayer I asked Heavenly Father to guide us to The Ward Mission Leader's House and if it were His will to help us find Junior so we could teach him.

Not only was I able to find the Ward Mission Leader's House but through the Ward Mission Leader we found and taught Junior. Heavenly Father truly guided us to The Ward Mission Leader's House and we found Junior because He answered our prayer. It was a really amazing experince!

The best part of the week was hands down Joma and Ivong's Baptism! Grem (who is a recent convert of Elder Gray) and I had the ability to baptize his two sons. It is truly a great blessing to see the light and love the gospel has brought their family. Elder Burbank and I worked very hard with Ivong and Joma and they were able to learn everything that they needed to know. Their testimonies have grown and I am so proud of those two stud muffins.

Know that I love all of you so much. I pray for you and love to hear of your success and experiences that our shared in your emails. Even though I do not have time to write back please know that I read and love them so much.

This is the true Gospel. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and has prepared the way for you and me. We can all do Hard Things because our Savior has already paved the path. I have needed to rely on Him more than ever. But I promise you He will always carry us through any trial if we are willing to come unto him.

Much love,


Elda LaMont/ Shark Bait/ Your Alekken Ty :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...