Monday, January 22, 2018

Shark Bait's Meeting with Elder Cardon From the 70

My beautiful family and friends! I am not capable of words to express my excitement to write to you. I hope and pray your week was fabulous and that you remember that a Loving Heavenly Father watches and looks to bless you every moment. 

This week was a very busy one! The new transfer is coming up and that means I needed to help Elda Burbank learn how to make something I like to call "The Guide to The Galaxy." We are in charge of moving everyone where they need to through the island of Efate and throughout the Mission. We have to carefully move missionaries in a way that does not leave anyone alone. You have to make sure you bring "peace and order to The Galaxy" My great Father's Love of Star Wars has had a profound influence on me it seems! :) Most of the week was spent in the office making flights and writing out this plan. On the bright side Elder Burbank and I have discovered a Shake Shop in Down Town Vila that has an excellent Strawberry flavor.

The next big thing that happened this week was Elder Cardon of the 70 came to Vanuatu and through the rest of the mission. He came and spoke to us and gave training all of yesterday.

He taught us many things but something that really stuck out to me is this thought: "As missionaries we are extensions of The Lord's Hands to bring peace, love, and happiness to other." I have not been on my mission for very long but I have learned of this great truth. Not all accept this great message or will listen to you. But we have a responsibility to share the love of the Savior to all we come in contact with. I promise you as you do your best to share The Love of The Savior and of Our Father In Heaven with all you come in contact with, you will find greater joy. You will come to love others and see Our Father In Heaven in all aspects of your life. You will become closer to Him.

Elder Cardon also wanted to interview some missionaries. Three elders and three sisters were chosen. I was one of the 3 Elders selected for the interview. Of course this left me a little nervous and I felt as if my soul was set to be examined. I immediately became relived when Elder Cardon invited me in as if I were an old friend. He asked about my family, what I have learned while being on the mission, and gave me some scriptures to ponder. His spirit and kind smile uplifted me after a long week's of work. He made me promise to tell my Mom and Dad something. Mom and Dad, Elder Cardon wants to personally thank you for raising me the way you have. For teaching me the gospel. He hailed you as great parents who have raised a righteous son, who will help to bring miracles in the lives of others. I am so glad Elder Cardon could recognize the greatness of my parents. I already knew they were awesome:)

My family and friends, great amounts of joy fill my soul as I retrieve your emails and pictures. Momma, your new decorations are amazing! I am doing well and have all I need. If there is anything I need I won't hesitate to let you know. I am so blessed to be in Vanuatu. I pray and hope you are all finding great happiness in your lives. I am very glad to hear Keaton and Claire are doing some dancing! Dancing will always have a special place in my heart. So much love to all of you. I promise more pictures for next week!

Love,

Elda LaMont/Shark Bait/ Your Island Boy/ Alekken Ty :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...