Monday, November 20, 2017

Shark Bait takes the reins of Travel Elder/ The Baptisam of Leiwia and Grem

OSIN WANEM FAMLI MO FREND BLO MI! MI LOVUM YU TUMAS!! MI HOPESE YU SAVE FINIS

I am not sure if my Bislama spelling is perfect yet but that was my best attempt! I love you all so very much! I have learned so many things during this week and our Heavenly Father has blessed me so very much! The most amazing thing which happened this week was the baptism of Leiwia and Grem. We had worked so very hard to accomplish all the things which are required to be a Travel Elder and still make it to our area. It is not easy and there are many times it feels like we just can't ever climb the mountain of things which we need to do. But I testify of the reality of our Heavenly Father in our individual lives.





The Lord provided a way for us to teach all the lessons we needed to Leiwia and Grem and although there were many things which tried to stop us we were able to help the Lord bring Leiwia and Grem to the font this last weekend. It was an amazing experience when they laughed and reminded me of the time I couldn't communicate with them at all and now I am cracking jokes in Bislama!! The Lord does bless his servants who do their best to have faith in Him. I know this because I have been experiencing it. Grem asked if Elda Gray would perform the baptism and Leiwia asked if I would perform hers. It was my first time and I won't lie to you, I was pretty scared. I said a quick prayer to our Heavenly Father asking if He would help me say the right words in Bislama. The spirit was there that night and the baptism went amazing! Never have I felt such a greater joy and satisfaction for the hardest work I have ever been a part of.



The next day Leiwia and Grem were confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And as Grem received the Gift of The Holy Ghost and walked back to His seat at church his smile was so big and tears were streaming from his eyes. Never in all of my life have I been so happy. Tears filled my eyes as I praised Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ for what they had provided me and now Grem and his family. This Church is true. Jesus is The Christ and I testify He lives.

This week was really hard but worth every second. Elda Gray this week insisted I drive more and put me in charge of doing all of the responsibilities we are entrusted with. I made a flight in the wrong time, killed the bus many times in the streets of Port Vila, and was given many more learning opportunities, which we then needed to fix. Elda Gray is an amazing companion. He is so full of patience for me and I love him like a brother. He has set me up perfectly to fill his shoes when he leaves on December 16th. I want to thank Jordon Hunt (Studly) and my Grandpa Wilkinson for teaching me to drive a manual. I want you to know I can drive manual now and am doing it all the time in the streets (more like dirt roads/ broken up/ pot hole filled most of the time streets) of Vanuatu.





They do not celebrate Halloween here or Thanksgiving but as the Office District we are planning on doing something for Thanksgiving. I wish I had more time, but I am grateful for what time I have had. Know I love you. Know that I am doing my best to serve God and I am happy and healthy. I miss you all. But I know I am supposed to do this. So, I will keep wearing out my knees and rolling up my sleeves.

Much Much love,


Elda LaMont/ Bubbos/ Shark Bait/ your Alekken Ty








No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...