Monday, November 13, 2017

Conquiring Hell week/ Shark Bait lives thorugh Hell Week

Dearest Family and Friends,

TALOFA LAVA FROM THE FUTURE!!!

Your favorite Island boy is back! ;) I am so grateful for this chance I have to write to you. Guess what?! Elda Gray and I lived through "Hell Week!" Not going to lie it was not exactly the easiest week of my life but I am glad The Lord is helping me become stronger, smarter, and more humble. I testify we do have a Loving Heavenly Father who cares. Never ever forget He is there and will help you through His son Jesus Christ.

This week we sent off the old missionaries and were able to collect new ones! We also were in charge of hosting, transferring people, making/booking/issuing flights, driving people to the airports at many different times, making sure Elders and Sisters had enough money to get home, and so much more. This week we only had 2 lessons but worked 75 plus hours. I love this busy schedule though and it is an amazing thing to be on the Lord's errand. I love The Lord for the opportunity he has given me to be a Travel Elder. I do wish we had more time for lessons but I know what we are doing is also helping The Lord's work press on.

We did have an opportunity to go and see Lewia and Graham. We have plans to hopefully get them towards baptism this week!!!!!! I am so excited! We tried to have a lesson with them last week when we got a tiny time to go to our area but they could not have a lesson with us since they were having a custom they do here in Vanuatu. The custom is to give a huge feast (Won big fala Kake in Bislama)  or to those who helped with the wedding. After the food they had a little ceremony of such where they invited people to come up one by one and they were given "Island Calco" or Island fabric. After they were given the fabric (they also gave away baskets and matts made from hand) they would pour baby powder on the necks of the people receiving the gift. I honestly have no idea what it means. To our surprise we were given some Island Calco and were thanked. Lewia and Graham are just awesome awesome people.

Lewia and Graham are just amazing. And if they are baptized this week, we teach all of their pikinini  (or kids) the lessons, and Graham receives the Aaronic Priesthood he could baptize his children. Great blessing are in store for those who come into this great gospel. I know it is true. Remember what matters most in life my family and friends. Know that I love you and think of you often

Love,


Elda LaMont/ your Alekken Ty/ Island Boy/ Shark Bait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...