Sunday, March 11, 2018

Shark Bait Makes it Through The Storm/ The Hurricane Gets a Taste of His Own Medicine

Dearest Family and Friends! I am glad to report that although we had a crazy week and a bit of a love tap from the Hurricane named Hola, it has been another fantastic week!

Hands down the craziest part of the week was being held up in the house. Elder Hardy has been sick during a few days of the week and we have also been making sure the District Leaders have been helping the Zone get ready in the occasion Hurricane "Hola" want to say...  Hola! Which she did!

One morning Elder Hardy slept in a little bit so he could rest and the phone started ringing. Not an unusual occurrence since we need to report a lot of things to our Zone. When I walked over to the phone the call said it was coming from President Granger. I knew this wouldn't the average phone call. President explained to me that his flight back to Vanuatu from New Caledonia (New Cal had a Zone Conference) had been canceled and he wanted all the missionaries to stay in doors in case the storm got any closer. We got the word out as soon as possible!

Elder Hardy and I used the day to write letters to home, read some scriptures, watch some church videos, and it ended up being a pretty fun day!! The wind started to pick up and sounded like the beginning part of The Wizard of OZ but times by 10. The rain sounded like bullets on our roof. The Lighting lit up the dark skies like a Christmas tree and the Thunder sounded ferocious. Thanks to Our Father in Heaven we were safe in our little house. The majority of the storm did not pass through us and we were able to work the next day. How blessed are we?!

The work here in Black Sands is going really well! Two of our new investigators Thelma (22 year old young woman) and her younger sister Lilly came to church and Elder Hardy and I our so excited for them! A new transfer has come and Elder Hardy and I will be staying put as Zone Leaders. We are determined to improve and help The Lord and His Efate Zone to the best of our abilities. This is the hardest thing I have ever done. But it is all so worth it. My love goes out to all who have sacrificed so that I can serve at this time. Thank you. I love you.

May you always remember this Gospel is true. Heavenly Father loves you and me. Jesus is the Christ and Savior of us all. Trust in Him and He will lead us back home.

All my love,


Elda LaMont/ Your Alekken Ty/ Shark Bait/ Island Boy




This is a picture of a small handgun that a young boy at a Family Home Evening showed us. Thought it was so cool! I wonder if it came from World War II? Thought Grandpa W. Would especially be interested. He found it in His family's garden! Crazy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...