Sunday, March 18, 2018

Shark Bait Gets a Samoan Roommate and the baptism of Nicole and Renol

Hello Again Family and Friends!!! Another great week here in Vanuatu for both Elder Hardy and I!

This week has been decently busy and has provided us with some great growing experiences. The start of the week stared by the Assistants telling us that a missionary by the name of Elder Burgess would be staying with us until his flight to Amboe (Another island in the mission) Elder Burgess is from the island of Samoa and is just about to finish his mission. Elder Hardy knew this experience would not be the most comfortable since our house is not the largest and adding a large Samoan to the equation made the house pretty packed! On the bright side though, we spoke Bislama most of the week and felt like we improved tons and did what we could to learn from all of Elder Burgess's experience in the mission! The Blacksands area is an old area of Elder Burgess and he was able to help us learn the area a little bit more. We were even able to find a new family with Elder Burgess! I have no doubt that although the situation was not the most comfortable for us The Lord put us together so we could find this new family! We can learn from every situation even if it is not the most comfortable!

The next best part of this week would be the story of Nicole! Nicole is a an 11 year old girl who is friends with the Kila Family in our ward. She would get up every morning early to come with this family to church. She loved every moment of church and looked forward to coming with the Kilas every week. The Kila family let us know that Nicole would most likely love a lesson from us so we went over and began to teach her. She loved it and with the permission of her mother we continued to teach her. We then invited the Mom to come to one of the lessons and asked if Nicole could be baptized. The Mom explained to us that she had begin to see a difference in her home. She loved seeing Nicole pray more! The Mom granted us permission to baptize Nicole and said she would come to the baptism and to church with us. We had the great blessing to have her baptism this last week. My dear Family and Friends, it is truly amazing to see the great happiness and joy the gospel brings to families. Although I miss my family and the mission at times provides challenges, the ability to help The Lord bless families brings so much joy! I know Our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ live and love us. There our souls prepared to hear our word and I will try harder every day to meet them.

Know that I pray for you and love you all. Thank you for your sacrifices so I can be here.

So much love,

Your Alekken Ty/ Shark Bait/ Island Boy

Answers For Dad: Living Area- I live right next to our Church. The Church we live next to is an actual nice building one of the few here in growing Vanuatu. The House is small but what the Sister have called, "adorable." I have to admit the place is growing on me and I love it! I have not seen a Dishwasher since I left the States! We always need to wash the dishes. Which I actually have grown to like as it gives me time to clear my head and just ponder! I really enjoy Personal Study and the time to read the scriptures. The scriptures always bring peace.




Elder LaMont, Elder Hardy, and Elder Burgess from Somoa


Amanda, Nicole, and Renol. Elder LaMont and Elder Hardy (The Cache Valley Boys)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...