Monday, March 5, 2018

Shark Bait Gets to See Christine be Baptized/ Helping with Transfers

Beautiful Family and Friends!! I hope you have had a wonderful week!

Today has been a crazy day! We have needed to help the Assistants and Travel Elders with some Transfers and moving around of Elders. This has not left me with tons of time to email but I hope you remember how much I love all of you.

This has been a great week for Elder Hardy and I! The best part of the week is when Christine is baptized! Christine is a 12-year-old girl who has worked with the Elders of BlackSands for a long time. She has wanted to be baptized for a while now but her Father has not allowed her to join the church. Just recently his heart softened and he allowed her to take the lessons again so she could be baptized. What a tender blessing this is from The Lord.

We taught her a lot throughout the week and have come to love her family! When we come over all the kids run out and want to play games with us. I love being able to teach children. They desire to do what is right and teach me how important it is to laugh and enjoy life! Christine's Baptism really highlighted Elder Hardy and I's week. Many of her Family and Friends came and it made for a special day. Because our Ward Mission Leader could not attend the baptism I was put in charge of conducting the baptism. At first I really was nervous to do it but it ended up being a positive experience and a chance to improve my Bislama.

It rained a lot this week! One day it poured almost the entire day! During that day, we met with an investigator we have named Troy. I have included some pictures of us in this email with all of the rain water. Troy came to church this last Sunday and loved every moment! He loves to play games, is very energetic, and smart.

I know Our Heavenly Father lives and loves us. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and through him families can be together forever. 

My prayers and love go out to you.

Much love,

Elda LaMont/ Your Alekken Ty/ Shark Bait/


Answer for Dad's Questions:

The Ice Cream here is really good. It is a lot softer here in Vanuatu for some reason. Perhaps it is because of the humidity but I am not sure! They have awesome flavors like Passion Fruit, Coconut, and even mint Ice Cream. The Pizza looks like pizza but has a different flavor to it. It is really hard to explain! The stars do shine bright and it is absolutely beautiful. I love to look at the stars any chance I can! It depends on where you are but the smell of the ocean is one of my favorite things! The water really is that blue! Times when we are driving you can't help but be amazed by it's beauty! My most spiritual experience this week would be giving a blessing to a young boy who was sick. I felt the spirit fill my heart with love for him and his family as we gave the blessing.






Christine is baptized!




Road trips in Debbie (a.k.a the truck)


The coolest looking spider you will ever see!


Food From the Baptism (Christine's Dad caught fresh fish from the ocean, rice, chicken, and Laplap)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...