Sunday, February 11, 2018

Another Wonderful Week on the Islands of Vanuatu For Shark Bait :)

My dear family and friends! I am so thankful again for another chance to email you! This week has gone by so fast for both Elder Hardy and I. I hope and pray you are all enjoying life. Life has been busy here getting ready for Zone Conference this week. We have been coordinating getting water bottles, setting up chairs, and making sure everything else will be in order. I am thankful for the times I have watched my parents pull off events/parties. I did not realize how much I have learned from the by just watching!

One of the best experiences this week for this week was making my first Baptismal Interview. Becoming a Zone Leader means that we have plenty of chances to make Baptismal Interviews. As I went to make my first one I became very nervous and unsure of how to conduct it. I prayed for help and told myself Heavenly Father would provide a way. As I went into the interview I was surprised how comfortable I felt.  For each interview I had I grew a love for each person and desired to help them understand the great blessing of baptism.

This week we have continued to contact and find new people to teach. Elder Hardy and I often like to use simple magic tricks in order to talk and make friends with all of the kids. We have been able to find even more people to teach! Here is a picture of us with a boy we meet named Troy. He showed us Star Fruit! It is very delicious and reminds a lot of Fresh Raspberries at my Grandma's House. One of the things I love most about the people here in Vanuatu is how they love to laugh. They remind me a lot of words from the Prophet Gordon B. Hinckly. He always taught that life is not just to be endured but to be enjoyed. The people here have taught me more of the importance of enjoying the journey.

Our Father in Heaven has given us this life to enjoy. He loves us and wants us to enjoy every moment. Life is good! Thank you all once again for your support, love, and prayers.

Much love,

Your Alekken Ty/ Elda LaMont/ Shark Bait/ Island Boy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...