Sunday, March 24, 2019

Shark Bait Is Transferred/ The Theora Family/ For the First Time in Forever

Dearest Family and Friends! I am so excited for this opportunity I have to email! I am sorry I did not email last week. I have much to update you on! I will not have much time today but I will give a quick update.

I have been transferred! After almost a year serving in Namburu and being able to serve close to the Mission President has been wonderful. I feel I have learned so many things and have had countless experiences and adventures I shall never forget. The Lord has blessed me in so many different ways.

I will continue to stay on the island of Efate and be moved to an area called Nambatu. It is in the very heart of Port Vila. My new companion's name is Elder Mallarme from Micronesia. I love him already and we are excited to work in the area. Elder Mallarme served in Nambatu for one transfer a few months ago so it is not a complete white wash but will certainly feel like one. I will also be in a walking area so I am excited about how many people we will be able to talk to in a day.

When I walked into the new apartment and meet Elder Mallarme we both noticed that the house looks like it has never been cleaned before. We will be spending a lot of the day cleaning but Elder Mallarme and I are both determined to help our house come clean.... if it ever was before.

I have talked a lot about the Theora Family (Max and Evelyn) Even though I will be leaving the area they will be able to be baptized along with two of their kids on April 13th. I am so happy for them!!! They invited us to a dinner last night before I left. Max went and dove for fish in the ocean for our last meal together and we got to review with them about the Plan of Salvation. If I only meet them my entire mission it would all be worth it. They mean so much to me and I am want their family to be together forever.

Sorry for the quick update. I know this Church to be true with all my heart and I am so happy to be serving the Lord. I know Jesus Christ and Our Father in Heaven live and love us. We are so blessed. I read Doctrine and Covenants 128:22 and felt the spirit remind me that we are not alone in this wonderful work of saving souls! I invite you to read it!

I love you all! Keep being awesome and know I am praying for you.

Love,

Elder Lamont/ Shark Bait/ Your Alekken Ty/ Island Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...