Sunday, October 14, 2018

Do You Like Fruit Smoothies..? No. I Like to Fight!/ Power of General Conference/ The Lord's Lost Sheep/ A Tear of Gratitude/ MANGO Season On the Way

Dearest Family and Friends!!! Again the time had come for another email home. I am not sure I will be able to explain all the amazing things, which have occurred this week! All I know is my heart is full of Gratitude For A Loving Father in Heaven, Whom does hear and listen to every one of His Child's prayers. I am so grateful for my mission. I feel I have changed so much! Still not perfect, yet I have gained a further testimony of the Restored Gospel. I am so grateful for my Testimony, it is the most valuable thing I have and I want to hold on to it and nourish it all my existence. 

As I have been among the Ni-vanuatu (or the people of Vanuatu) my heart has been filled with an out pouring love, and gratitude has filled my heart and soul. At times these people have absolutely nothing, yet they give and they give. I love these people. I love those whom I serve with. I love my family and friends whom pray for me. I love my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. It truly reminds of some of the words in which Dieter F. Uchtdorf said in his talk about King Solomon. All we need to do is allow a Loving Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ to be apart of our lives.They want to be in our lives. The Savior's Gospel can encompass and improve every aspect of our every day and as we serve others/Live the Gospel with those three key words: Love, Believe, and Do we will find a peculiar happiness. A happiness, which never fades and helps us prepare for the hard times as Neil L. Anderson instructed. As you can probably tell, I LOVED LOVED LOVED General Conference! 

As my Mother explained in a beautiful email to me this morning, it really is a Sea of Change for me. As I have tried to help Elder Gunnell learn the ropes of being an Assistant I have been continually humbled by the Lord. Elder Gunnell has brought many new ideas and it has been a great help. We have tried to make sure we are even more obedient and are trying new things to help those in our area. President has even relived us of some Office Responsibilities so that we can spend more time in the area! We love it so much! We have been spending as much time as we can working with Less Active Members, Members, and working with our Bishop. We have also been searching through and cleaning out the Area Book. Of course, we are still planning Training for Zone Conference with President, Mission Leadership Council, and working with the Zone Leaders. Although we have worked so hard and although I am exhausted I am so happy! And to be able to Open my emails and see how well my Family doing has brought me tears of joy! The Lord does hear our Prayers and I know He blesses my family for my efforts and blesses those I am praying for. I Love you all. Please know I am praying for you. 

A really great blessing for this week including a funny story. As were looking through the Area Book and trying to translate the Elder's Hieroglyphics... I mean handwriting :) (Haha! Sorry. I think I am pretty funny. My Momma taught me to have a good sense of humor! :) ) We found a lady in the area book, which said she did not want to keep commitments. By spending more time with the members we realized that she is an older sister to a young lady in the ward. We set up a time to meet with her and went in praying to know her concerns and needs. As we taught we found out she can not read and she also feels like she does not know how to pray. This is why she could not keep the commitments the past Elders had given her. As she admitted to us she could not read tears streamed from her eyes. The spirit filled my heart with love for her and I felt impressed to share something my Dad has always showed me through word and action: the truth which comes from Ether 12:27. The Lord will take our Weaknesses and make them into strengthens if we will but come unto Him. He does give us weaknesses that we might be made humble and then eventually made strong, through him. We taught this truth to her and told her we would work with her so she could come to know the true message we want to share with her. She wiped her face and I know the spirit had comforted her through what we taught from that wonderful scripture. 

This woman's name is Vanessa. We have worked with Vanessa a lot this week and she even walked to church so she could see General Conference. Despite all of her young children she came and we were able to walk with her. One of the neighbor's kids wanted to come too and his Mom asked if he could come with Vanessa's Family. Of course, this would never happen in the US but Vanessa was just fine with it and added him to all of her kids like it was nothing. It is a very Family Community feel in Vanuatu which I actually love. He is about five years old and as were walking with them to the church Elder Gunnell was recapping an old memory about how he likes Fruit Smoothies. I turned to this adorable 5 year old and asked him (of course this was all in Bislama but I provided the translation for you!) "Do you like Fruit Smoothies?"
His response, “No! I like to fight!"
It made me laugh so much! I don't know why it did maybe it was just because he is just this little guy yet he said this. Maybe it was just one of those moments where you have to be there for it to be funny. Hopefully it made you smile! 

The most amazing experience this week was quite a spiritual one for me. We organized a time with the Elders Quorum and the Bishop to go out as a quorum and go and see Less Activities and ward members struggling. We had many wonderful experiences but none were like going to see Sister Mahit. She is an older lady in the ward who suffered a stroke. She cannot walk, or talk, and her husband has to do everything for her. Many in our ward describe her before her terrible stroke as one who was very positive and would love to talk with others. As we entered her house it did at first feel weird as we talked to her and she could not respond back. But then I remembered what was said during conference about the Savior's conversation with Peter. "Peter do you love me? Lord thou knowest all things. Thou knowest I love thee. Then feed my Sheep."

I realized feeding the Lord's Sheep in this time meant helping Sister Mahit feel loved by the ward, us missionaries, and to help her feel the love of the Savior and of Our Father in Heaven. We felt impressed to say a prayer with her and the sweetest feeling of the spirit entered in. After the prayer I took her frail hand and we all expressed love for her and reminded her of the Love the Father and the Son have for her. She could not say a word but I saw a tear stream down her face and her smile engraved an image in my head and feeling in my heart I will never forget. This is what Ministering is all about. This is what the Savior did. This is what we need to do. The Spirit entered my heart again as we left and I will never forget this amazing experience. I know God lives. I know Jesus Christ is His Only Begotten Son. I am one of his missionaries. As I am faithful to His commandments I know He will lead the way for you and for me. Minister to those you have been entrusted with. I know it is of God and will bless you in more ways than you can possibly imagine. Like Elder Holland said, "Just Jump in!!" 

I love you! I pray for you and your success. I am so thankful I know each one of you. Have an amazing Week.

Love Always,

Elder LaMont/Shark Bait/ Your Alekken Ty/ The Whitest Elder in Vanuatu/ A Very Happy Missionary/ The Island Boy practicing that Sideways Smile 

Health Update For Momma: I am doing so well Mom! I work out every morning, feel like I am eating healthy, and feel stronger everyday. I am so blessed to have a healthy body. The Lord is so good to us! Love you.





Hello Family and Friends! Here are the Pictures of the week... Sorry. Battries not included ;) 

Hope you are safe and Happy. Enjoy the pictures! I love you!

Love Forever,

Elder LaMont/ Shark Bait 





Mango Season is upon us!!! I am thinking about you Claire! :) Wish you were here so I could give you a giant Vanuatu Mango. You would love it! 



More Mangos! Sorry Claire. Wish I could send you one! 





The Nice view of both Vanuatu and yours truly ;) 



Audrey! Elder Hable and Elder Piol's Recent Convert!! Elder Hable, Audrey says Hi! she came to General Conference and she says she misses you! 


You Leave us no choice.... Here comes the Smolder ;) Extra points for naming that movie! 



We were at a Family Home Evening and I think the kids really were interested by the lesson XD



The English translation room for General Conference and Elder Holland looking really good in those glasses... What a stud! 




Our ward watching General Conference in Bislama!! 





Jennie.... being Jennie.... She likes to make faces during pictures. This is the Relief Society President's Daughter... She is a ball of energy. I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...