Monday, August 6, 2018

Barava Spiritual Taem Yet/ Solomon Island Trip/ Sharkbait's Surrvial Through Rugby Exploring Gudal Cannel

Hello Once more to my Dearest Family and Friends! How it does my heart good to take another opportunity to email and share of my experiences. This has not been your average week (what even is an average week in this Assignment given to both Elder Hable and I? Our Assignment as Assistant sure does provide some interesting times. Loving it!)  but one which has again provided much growth, challenging times, and wonderful memories. A beautiful recipe for a fantastic mission which is what I am experiencing! Hold on to your socks here we go! 

Wanted to share some things, which really stuck out to me this week during personal study and trying to hear The Voice of The Lord more in my life. I really have been seeking how I can be better. One thing I want to improve is Faith! Faith really is a principle of action. As we go put in missionary work or do our best to share this wonderful gospel it gives our Faith a chance to grow and develop. I know when we do our best to put Faith on top of our fears Our Loving Father in Heaven will support us in our trials and show His great love for you. 

Well, we went to Solomon Islands this weekend! We are just getting back today and it has been a long trip. PrĂ©sident Duquette wanted to start of this transfer's Zone Conferences in the hottest part of the mission! And let me tell ya... It's really hot here in the Solomon Islands! I Marvel at how awesome our ancestors were for fighting the Japanese in these kinds of conditions. It's amazing! 

The spirit and feel of Zone Conference was fantastic! So great! Solomon Islands are not my favorite place to visit in the mission. It's hot, the girls here are scary/ crazy, and there is this stuff  called Beattle Nut. Allow me to explain. The woman here... Ewww. It seems they would do anything to have white children.  They are very forward even with missionaries. Haven't had too many problems. They remind me of the sirens from Greek Mythology. The one that really made me feel uncomfortable is when one called out (Your translation provided by yours truly): "Hey tufala blue eye you go where? Or "Karem mi home (bring me home in Pidjin) I really wanted to tell them, (thought this might make you laugh Momma) "You need Jesus is what you need!!" Don't worry though. That crud doesn't work on me. I have got a thing for virtuous and righteous women. Solomons has really solidified this in my mind. 

Now to explain Beattle Nut. It could be summarized as well as some of the girls in Solomon... Pretty much Nasty stuff. Basically they chew a nit and mix it with this lime to give them selves a buzz or high. This turns into a red blood liquid that they spit out and it is everywhere. Nasty! Red teeth, red lips, and red smiles give a freakish welcome! 

The first day in Solomon Islands meant Zone Conference! It was a blast! We were all sharing ideas and the spirit really touched my heart. I loved all of it!! 

Although the conditions in Solomon Islands are not my favorite. The Elders here sure are amazing! We were there for 3 days (Most of which poor Elder Hable was sick from Solomon Heat is not good for those who are ill so we spent a good amount of time studying and resting) and my favorite day was P-Day today. We played Ping Pong and Rugby! That's right! The whitest dude in the South Pacific played against a bunch of Giant Togans and Samoans. My greatest asset was my speed, ability to keep running, and not giving up. I even scored twice! One of them.. my team totally set it up so I coild score! The other one wasn't too shabby if I do say so myself!;) My nickname was Palangi which just means white man in both Togan and Samoan! 

Sorry this email is shorter than normal. Our travels have made it hard to email and I am exhausted. Please know I am happy, healthy, and LOVING my missionary experience. It's very hard. But aren't the best things that way? It's all very worth it. Never forget that God does live and answer our prayers. He hears you. And I testify with all my soul that He Lives along with our Savior Jesus Christ! 

Much Love to all of you,

Love, 

Elder LaMont, Shark Bait, Smallest/ Whitest Rugby player in the South Pacific, Your Alekken Ty 

Health Update For Momma: This is because I promised you I would be better at this. Feeling very healthy and energetic! I did play Rugby without shoes because I did not think to bring P-Day shoes. Don't worry we played Touch Rugby. But one of the Elders was playing with cleats. Let's just say I got the touch in stopping the play that would surely have had them scored on us again but he stomped on my foot. It did in fact hurt. My toe got the worse and I just have some bruising under nail. Totally fine and I walked it off! So, my health is the best it has ever been in my mission!:) 

Here are some pictures from our Zone Conference! 






 The last picture is that of Beetlenut spit on the ground! Eww! Enjoy!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...