Monday, October 9, 2017

Shark Bait's Full Week in Vanuatu

TALOFA FROM THE FUTURE!!! Mi Lovem yu Thomas family mo friend blo mi!

I am so happy and grateful for the chance I have to email! Although it is really short in my eyes I am very grateful to stay in contact with those I love! Please know that I pray for you by name and send my love to you! Even if I don't get to your email, I am thinking of you.

This week has absolutely gone 99 miles per hour for me! I had my first Zone Conference, watched General Conference, and had several lessons! What a blessing it is to be here in Vanuatu! Because Elder Grey and I are Travel Elders we fly in Elders from outer Islands and host them in our home during  General Conference. Our home is the biggest in the mission since we host a lot of Elders. It has provided me an opportunity to learn more patience and how to be more giving! Momma, thank you for teaching me how to clean, iron, and wash dishes. It has been a great blessing!

I had an experience I would love to share! Elder Grey and I have been working with a family named the Mauhit Family. Their son Johnny is the one working towards his baptizem.  The Father is an inactive member and the mother is not yet a member. We wanted to teach them the Plan of Salvation. Elder Grey told me if I tried my best to speak what small Bislama I knew The Lord would help me know what to say through the Power of the Holy Ghost. I went into the lesson determined to have the spirit and speak through the spirit. We had a wonderful lesson!! The Father said something that filled every fiber of my soul with true happiness. He told Elder Grey although my Bislama was broken/very slow/ little hard to understand he knew what I was saying was true. He said, "I like it when he talks. I feel something different. Something really good." I know this was the spirit. Because we were prepared and had done the right things we had the spirit with us. The most important language I learned I need to speak from is the language of the spirit. I know The Lord will help me in time learn the beautiful language of Bislama. I know our Heavenly Father answers prayers. The promise from D&C 100:5-6 is true and I know it with all my heart. I urge you to read it and know the Lord will help you accomplish His work and your righteous desires.

I wish I had more time to write but my time has run out. I pray and love you my Family and friends. I look forward to the next time I can write to you. Know that I am happy and so grateful for my time here in Vanuatu. I love all of you so much. Thank you for your love and support.

P.S. Momma I taught some Pikinins (Children in Bislama) how to do the "Funky Feet Move" in my Chacos which I love! I thought this would make you smile! :) I promise to get some pictures of my home in Port Vila to you soon.

Dad, I saw some highlights of The Warriors playing the Dallas Maveriks and it made me think you. I am so glad we are buddies. I Love you with all of my heart Dad.

Much love,


Elder LaMont/ Shark Bait / Island Boi / Your Alekken Ty




Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kolopokie/Shark Bait Keeps it Going/ Shut up and Dance with Me... I mean Listen/Be Ye Doers of The Word

Dearest Family and Friends! How are you? Do you know I love you? I hope so!!! So much and with every part of my heart. Kee...